"Scott has been a terrific guide for us ... thoroughly knowledgeable about the region" - Andrew O'Keefe, Sunrise presenter
4 Night Bungles and El Questro
Days 1-2: El Questro wilderness park
- Hotel pick-up on the morning of Day 1. Cross the Ord Diversion Dam and exit Kununurra
- Admire the magnificent Cockburn Range as you enter the famous Gibb River Road from the East.
- Soak in Zebedee thermal springs - a series of natural pools cascading into each other.
- Hike to the picturesque amphitheatre waterfall of Emma Gorge (approx. 45 min-1 hour walk each way) for a swim and afternoon tea.
- Hike and swim at El Questro Gorge - one of the prettiest little swimming holes in the Kimberley!
- Option to venture across the Pentecost River to Home Valley Station, pending the Pentecost crossing being open.
- Enjoy a scenic sunset vista and nibbles from Branco's Lookout (or another of El Questro or Home Valley's look-outs)
2 Night Stay: El Questro Wilderness Park, Emma Gorge tented cabin with ensuite.
Meals: None included (can be purchased from El Questro's cafe and restaurants)
Days 3-4: Purnululu National Park (Bungle Bungles)
- Exiting El Questro and the Gibb River Road, we drive South to explore the World Heritage-listed Purnululu National Park for the next two days.
- Marvel at the majesty of Cathedral Gorge and test out the acoustics of this natural amphitheatre.
- Enjoy breathtaking views from Piccaninny Creek lookout and admire the striped patterns of the beehive domes.
- Travel to Echidna Chasm, a spectacular natural cleft in the rock.
- Witness the rocks change colour at sunset and fall asleep to the sounds of the bush under a blanket of stars.
- Includes 18 minute 'Domes Special' helicopter flight (can be upgraded for additional cost). Fly over the south west of the Bungle Bungle to“Y” Gorge before soaring across the top of the enormous massif to the mouth of spectacular Piccaninny Gorge. Continue along the southern face, following Piccaninny Creek where you can view the mouth of Cathedral Gorge and soar amongst the famous orange and black striped sandstone beehive shaped domes..
2 Night Stay: Purnululu National Park, East Kimberley Tours' Savannah Lodge tented cabin with ensuite
Meals: Savannah Lodge includes dinner (x2), breakfast (x2) and lunch (x2)
Day 5: Bungles - Warmun Art Centre - Kununurra
- After breakfast we exit Purnululu this morning and head to Kununurra via Warmun Aboriginal art centre (if open). Warmun gallery displays and sells outstanding paintings by emerging and established artists.
- We'll cross the Diversion Dam and travel through to Kununurra where we will say farewell at around midday.
- Alternatively, we can book additional nights if you'd like to stay on and continue exploring locally! Or, extend by a night to include Lake Argyle in your itinerary too.
Private Tour (2 people)
Full Rate: $5,390 per person
Shoulder Season Offer: $4,851 per person
Shoulder Season discount represents 10% off the full rate when booking for April or October 2018.
All rates based on twin room share.
FAMILIES WITH KIDS
Our Landcruiser carries 4 in comfort, with 2 additional back seats suitable for children (6 total). Please enquire for the family rate on this tour.
12 passenger Isuzu available for larger groups, please enquire.
Luggage limit: 15kg per person in soft bags.
- An experienced, local guide
- Some meals as indicated on itinerary
- Accommodation as indicated on itinerary
- National Park fees
- Some meals as indicated on itinerary
- Accommodation before or after your tour
- Flights (we can assist in arranging)
Bungle Bungles option to upgrade helicopter flight to 30 or 45 mins.
Note: Whilst we try our best to adhere to advertised itineraries, sometimes itinerary variations may occur at the discretion of the tour guide dependant on current weather conditions, attractions being closed etc.
See our "accommodation" page for detailed information about where we stay.
Kununurra private group tour
“Scotty's local knowledge and experience massively enhanced our experience of Kununurra.”
— Claire F, Kununurra Australia
Taste of Kununurra
“Fabulous guide, Scott, who ensured we had an informative, interesting tour around Kununurra. His local knowledge was impressive. Highly recommend him and his company Kimberley Spirit Tours.”
— Merrilyn G, Mildura Australia
El Questro day tour
“Scotty was an extremely pleasant young man with so much knowledge of the Kimberley. I felt completely safe and comfortable whilst on this tour where we visited Elquestro and Emma Gorge. This is a beautiful part of the Kimberley and I can highly recommend anyone wishing to explore this breathtaking region to travel with Kimberley Spirit. You will not be disappointed.”
— Gail George, Perth Australia