"So much local knowledge that made the tour a fascinating way to learn about the area. The scenery was pretty spectacular too!" - Abby M, Australia
1 Day Spirit of the Never-Never (Wyndham)
Departs from Kununurra, upon demand
Today, your local guide will take you for an unforgettable adventure to the historic port town of Wyndham, north of Kununurra, where you will listen to stories, meet local characters and experience life at 'the end of the road'. The Great Northern Highway culminates at Wyndham, a town brimming with interesting stories and quirky landmarks such as the Afghan Cemetary (the cameliers are buried with their camels!)
- The Grotto, a scenic gorge and waterhole that's a favourite local swimming hole.
- Explore Wyndham. Wyndham itself almost feels like it's in a time-warp, like you're stepping inside the set of an old country and western movie!
- Stop in at Wyndham's little historical museum, which is unlike any other in Australia.
- Five Rivers Lookout provides breathtaking vistas over Cambridge Gulf and the 'Never-Never' sits on the outskirts of town, made famous on the set of Baz Luhrmann's Australia movie.
- Nearby is the historic 'Boab prison tree'.
- Rusty Shed cafe provides some tasty local tucker with a sea breeze and a view of the ocean nearby (lunch at own expense)
- To top the day off, we'll visit Marlgu Swamp, a wetland that is home to saltwater crocodiles and a large variety of birds including Jabiru and Brolga.
- On the way home we'll give the car a bit of a wash off as we drive across scenic Ivanhoe Crossing, where pre-sunset nibbles will provide a fantastic end to a great day out.
$395 per person
Tour confirms on 2 people
Hotel pick-up: 8am
Hotel drop-off: 6pm
2017 Private Charter
Travel with a private group of 2 or more. Please enquire for price.
Local tour guide
Morning tea, afternoon tea
Note: Lunch at own expense (at Rusty Shed Cafe)
Note: Whilst we try our best to adhere to advertised itineraries, sometimes itinerary variations may occur at the discretion of the tour guide dependant on current weather conditions, some places being closed etc.
Kununurra private group tour
“Scotty's local knowledge and experience massively enhanced our experience of Kununurra.”
— Claire F, Kununurra Australia
Taste of Kununurra
“Fabulous guide, Scott, who ensured we had an informative, interesting tour around Kununurra. His local knowledge was impressive. Highly recommend him and his company Kimberley Spirit Tours.”
— Merrilyn G, Mildura Australia
El Questro day tour
“Scotty was an extremely pleasant young man with so much knowledge of the Kimberley. I felt completely safe and comfortable whilst on this tour where we visited Elquestro and Emma Gorge. This is a beautiful part of the Kimberley and I can highly recommend anyone wishing to explore this breathtaking region to travel with Kimberley Spirit. You will not be disappointed.”
— Gail George, Perth Australia